How Wooden Floorings Can Transform Your Spaces!!January 6, 2018
Trends to look for in 2018February 6, 2018
Maintenance of Wooden Floor is a much-hyped task. It is not as difficult as it seems to be. Just by following some simple steps regularly and taking some precautions with the wood can ease up the task and you can keep your floors shining for years!!
Here are some ways which you can follow to take care of your floors
- Using a Wet mop or steam mop on the floor is a Big No. Water and steam damage the wood, and if used regularly it can spoil the whole flooring.
- Using Vinyl or Tile cleaning products on the floors can cause the floor to lose it the natural shine and become slippery and appear to look worn out.
- Over-waxing the floors makes them slippery, and natural luster vanishes. Wax buildup under furniture should be avoided.
- To protect the floor from scuffing and scratching from furniture one can always put stick-on furniture pads under the legs of furniture. Heavy furniture can easily scratch floor even on the slightest movement.
- Rugs can be put to good use, by putting them on the areas that are much used. Use Mats at Entranceways and exterior doorways as they would absorb the moisture from the shoes right away at the entrance and it would not spoils the wooden floor inside.
- Choose the mat material wisely so that it would not harm the wooden floor or discolour it. Choose a mat that absorbs as much moisture as possible and do keep in mind to clean and dry the mat time to time as a wet mat can spoil the floor underneath it.
- Wipe up spills promptly with just a slightly damp cloth. Just clean the floor with a damp cloth. Don’t use any floor cleaners or soaps on the floor.
- Invest in the Proper Cleaning Equipment: -A proper cleaning equipment for your wooden floors is necessary. A lousy quality cleaning equipment instead of doing any good to the floor can ruin its shine and harm it in many other ways.
- Use curtains or blinds so that the floor is not exposed to direct sunlight during any time of the day. Long exposure to the sun can make the wood dry, or fade awaits natural color.
Each of the steps as mentioned above will extend the life of your wooden floors manifolds and will add to the beauty of the wood.